Thursday, September 24, 2009

Update on my mommy and other things...

Mom went to Vanderbilt today. I guess we got...news? They did another CT scan to see if it was in fact her gallbladder. If it is...we are out of luck. Since she has liver cancer stage 4 she NEEDS her gallbladder whether it is inflamed or not its better for her to have it in than out...The doctor told her point blank her liver would shut down while she was on the operating table. So lets pray its not her gallbladder. Her spleen and pancreas are also enlarged...not sure what we are gonna do about this yet. At this point her liver is still functioning...its functioning very slow and not the best it could be but its still working. So we are taking it one day at a time. She is gonna keep going routinely to get her levels checked and if it gets the the point where she is getting so bad she needs a new liver...we will be moving to Florida to get closer to the mayo clinic so when they have her new liver we can be there within a an hour or so instead of like 6 hours. So i may be moving to Florida within the next few years...but not permanently. Mom just has to have a caretaker living with her down there. They pay for her a place to live and everything. Please just pray for her. It would be greatly appreciated !
In other news Kaci is still amazing. We had a day to ourselves today. Mom was at Vanderbilt and Brandon was at work so it was me and Kaci in the house all day by ourselves ! I loved it. We played and laughed and napped and cuddled. It was nice. I love her so much !
Anyways...Just wanted to update. Things are going okay. Also, I stay up all night last night scaring the hell out of myself reading about what is "supposed" to happen in 2012...
Love you guys !
Brittany<3

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I will continue to pray for your mom and your family. I know it cannot be easy.

As for the whole 2012 thing i had to stop watching and reading that stuff as it finally had me going insane!