Friday, September 4, 2009

One year today..

Last year on this day I saw this...


I never really posted the story of how I found out so I guess its about that time.
On September 4,2008 I woke up REALLY early. That whole week I had been feeling very nauseated but there was a stomach bug going around so I chalked it up to that. I had also been getting up really early that whole week which was unusual. I had heard that in early pregnancy your sleep patterns may change. But, anyways I woke up around 7 that morning and my mom was up getting ready for work. Brandon was still out of town. I got up and I had a sudden urge and craving for bacon and eggs. I am never hungry early in the morning so this struck me as wierd too. So mom said she would fix me some cause she makes the best eggs and bacon and toast but we didnt have any bread so I ran to the drug store right across the street. While I was there something told me to buy a pregnancy test. I figured I would take it just to put it out of my mind since I was only 2 days late which wasn't unusual. So I went home and mom fixed me the food and I forgot to take the test. I went and laid back down and took a nap and when I woke up I said what the heck I will go ahead and take it. Well I peed on it and sat it down and walked into my bedroom and walked back in and by the time I got back in there the second line had appeared. I was totally freaking out. I was home alone and I jsut saw a positive pregnancy test. I started crying and called my mom. When I got on the phone with her the convo went something like this...
Mom-"hey Brittany"
Me-"MOM !!! I NEED YOU TO COME HOME !!"
Mom-"why? whats wrong"
Me-"I just took a pregnancy test and its positive mom I think its positive !!! What do I do?"
Mom-"Your lying to me Brittany please dont be joking"
And I wasn't I jumped in my car and took off to wal-mart. When I got there the test had faded a little but you could still see it. Mom still didn't wanna get her hopes up since it was so faint. And everyone there kinda said its a bit to faint to tell so they didn't think I was. So I made an appointment with this place called the pregnancy crisis center and they could get me in that night at 6. Well, I called Brandon and he was in total shock and disbelief. He jumped in his truck and drove 3 and 1/2 hours home to come go with me. I was so sure that test was wrong I wasn't even excited for the visit. We got there and I took the test and the woman said "I see 2 lines!" And I said no you dont !! NO YOU DONT !!! OH my gosh Im gonna have a baby !!! Thank you God !!!!! I was crying so hard. I wanted a baby so bad and I was told I would have a hard time having babies so I was so happy. I came out cause Brandon couldnt go back there with me. I came out with this piece of paper and a sad look on my face and he was like oh its negative and I popped the piece of paper out and it had positive circled ! He got this huge smile on his face and hugged me. We called my mom and my mom said so give it to me gently. Brandon said well I am holding a piece of paper that say positive on it your gonna be a grandma. And she SCREAMED at the top of her lung and bawled her eyes out. She was so happy. I think she was happier than we were.
But, thats the story. its nothing extravagant but it is so important to me. I remember my feelings that day and I just cant describe the happiness I felt. So in a year we went from that positive pregnancy test to this...

She is my everything. My whole heart. The smile is the reason I wake up in the morning. Gosh I am so blessed.
Brittany<3

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What a cute story! I would love to have a surprise pregnancy one of these days (or maybe i should say i would have liked one of my pregnancies to be a surprise since i dont know if we are done or not). All my kids were at least semi planned so i was expecting the positive pregnancy test but it is always exciting no matter what! She is such a doll and a gift from God!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! I love preggo stories! Your such a good mommy brittany! I can't wait to get to TN and see baby Kaci again, she is getting to be SUCH a chunk!