Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wow

I just realized my last post was my 100th post ! Go me !

So in other news I have had a good day and a terrible day. Good news first. I registered for school ! I am officially a college student now !!!! YES !!! I got my financial aid which I recieved the Pell Grant and I get 3,000 a semester. I also took out 2 student loans one for 3,000 and another for 5,000 and that is all I should have to do as of now. I am enrolled to get my Associates in Medical Assisting !! Thats right I am gonna be in the medical field. My LIFELONG dream has been to be in the medical field and help people. I plan to finish school and get a job and once I shave down some of my student loans I will go back to school to get my RN !!! I am gonna be a nurse ! I am just way to happy for words. I finally feel as is life is falling into place. I am exactly where God wants me to be and I couldn't be any happier. I am truley blessed.

Okay now the not so good part. Well truley it is just showing more of the blessings God has given me and my friend so its not bad just brought up so bad memories.

My friend Sydni(she used to be my best friend in High school) Recently gave birth to her son Mason. He was born 5 weeks early and was 5 pounds and 19 and a half inches long. At 2 days old Mason was found with his abdomen completely swollen...and for those who have followed me in my journey with my daughter you know exactly why his abdomen was swollen. Thats right he had exactly what my daughter had. He had blockages in his intestines otherwise known as Intestinal Malrotation. My mind became flooded at the words I was reading as she told me through text messaging what her little boy had went through. At 2 days old he had his surgery and is now in the NICU having the green bile pulled off his belly. As you know this all happened to my daughter. My heart is overwhelmed. I have cried for her and Mason and her fiance all day. This hit me like a ton of bricks...I know what she is feeling. I can still to this day remember having the doctor come in and tell me the news...and I can remember the numbness but seemingly overwhelming feeling at that moment. I remember seeing my daughter hooked up to IVs and monitors...I remember falling to my knees and asking God why...why my baby? Why my family? I remember resenting God for a split second but then realizing that he pulled her through it and it is because of him that my daughter is alive and well today. The feeling of being so helpless...Watching my daughter day in and day out not being able to eat when all she wanted to do was eat. Watching green,brown, and yellow bile being pulled off her stomach and having a doctor tell me that if this had gone another week...I dont know if your daughter would still be alive...The tears just keep coming. These are not things that I like the think about. Though I love the fact that my daughter life so far is a testimony for people to show how amazing God is. I guess I just hate being flooded with the firs tmonth of my daughters life being so scary. Leaving the hospital with an empty carseat is a feeling NO MOTHER she ever have to feel. It is heart wrenching and there were days I didnt want to get out of bed I didnt want to wake up but I had to be strong for her and now look at us...My daughter is the light of my life. She is healthy and beautiful and SMART and just down right amazing !!!

So since I forgot to write your letter today...here is to you my miracle. That is exactly what you are! You saved mommys life and your the best thing to EVER happen to me. I love you my sweet angel!

From this...



To this...




YOU are the true definition of a miracle !

3 comments:

Renee said...

Brittany did you sign up at draughons? If you did its not to late to go somewhere else!! I went there trust me dont waste your time and money on them

Courtney said...

I am so glad you are getting things in order! Life can be so hard and confusing sometimes but God always seems to shine a light on the right path for us. I will be praying for your friend and her baby!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE THE WINNER! You're the only one who guessed right!