Monday, November 15, 2010

You're gonna miss this...

These words ring over and over in my head when I get frustrated with my life. I love being a wife and mother but I am not jolly 100% of the time. Its hard work. No matter what anyone says being a mother in itself is a JOB but adding on household wife duties is just as much of a job as going and working somewhere. Sometimes I even find myself saying I would rather be at an office. But, then I look around and I see my baby girl becoming this little independent person right in front of my eyes...and it hits me. You're gonna miss this. The moments where she is so tired she is screaming her head off in the car on the way home because she just wants to go to sleep...I'll miss it. When she slaps me in the face or on the hand and tells me no...oh yes I will miss it. When my baby is no longer my baby I will look back at those hard times and beg for just a few more seconds of them just so I can have my little baby back. But, its not just the hard times I will miss...The good times...those will stick out in my head unlike any other. Rocking her to sleep...kissing booboos and making them better...getting kisses without having to fight her for them...her running up to me when she is being shy and wraps her arms around my legs as if to hug me and know that I can make it all better...Oh yes I will miss those times too. I know at times as mothers and wives we lose our patience more than we would like to. We have to count to 10 more than we would like to. We have to sneak into a closet and get out a few tears when you feel so overwhelmed we just can't take it anymore WAY more than we would like to...but amazingly...I'm gonna miss that too. Life just goes by so fast. I feel like I have blinked and my sweet baby is a toddler. And before I know it...she will be 2,3,4,5,10,16,18,20...I can't even imagine. Life is a crazy rollercoaster. But its the best rollercoaster I have ever been on. I am so thankful for my life and those in it and even in the good moments and the bad...I cant imagine living my life any other way. I can't imagine engulfing my life in drugs,partying, and sex...because honestly...that is not living. That is a road to death. And its a sure fire way to lose all the things that matter most. Those moments of pure bliss...and even the moments where you are so angry you want to pull your hair out...if they were gone...you're gonna miss them...

2 comments:

Chloe Geist said...

so i would totally hit the like button if there was one!!

Courtney said...

Thats a country song isnt it? Not sure but i swear i have heard a song similar. Anyways i totally knwo what you mean. And as a mom of a almost 6 an d5 year old let me tell you it happens faster and faster with each passing year. I wrote a post about it a month or so ago. Phabian now roles his eyes when i ask for a hug and kiss before he jumps on the school bus, but then on days where i say " ok i am not going to ask him today, dont want to embarass him" he runs back to hug and kiss me because he loves me and needs that love returned in order for his day to be complete.

Highs and lows come with all walks of life, it just seems that it is a littl more bumpy when you are a mommy.