Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reminded...

I love my husband. Lately I have been looking at him in a different light. I'm not going to be one to sit here and lie to you...my marriage has not been easy. We found out I was pregnant 3 weeks after our wedding. It was a definite shocker, a good shocker but also put a strain on our relationship. All of the sudden we weren't newlyweds...we were soon to be parents. It was like a complete 180 in our relationship as well. We were so excited to be parents but at the same time I think we were focused so much on our little bundle of joy we lost sight of US. And the means a lot. Kaci is the best thing to ever happen to us. But, we focus so much of our attention on her that we don't focus on our marriage at all and so sometimes we have to take a step back and have some us time. But back to my original topic. I have looked at him so differently lately. We were having some issues. I am not going to blaze mine and my husbands issues on here but I will say that words were thrown out about separation. Not something I ever wanted to do but when you feel like you have had the same argument over and over again it almost feels like you have to do something to show him that I am serious. But, these past few days I have gotten a look at some women that I know...and their men. And I even had a certain guy try to be sweet and loving towards me and try to sweet talk me...and honestly...I wasn't having it. I looked around at these girls I know and their boyfriends or husbands and I just feel lucky. No, he isn't perfect...but I am so blessed. I looked at the person trying to steal me from my husband and I knew that I was never ever going to leave Brandon because I don't want anyone else. From the moment I saw Brandon I was in love...ask anyone because its the truth. His smile, his eyes, his clumsiness, his laugh, his kisses...I love it all...When he comes up behind me and turns me around and just wraps his arms around me and hugs me so tight like he doesn't wanna let go...those moments make me realize how lucky I am. I have a man that goes out everyday and works SO hard for me and my daughter. To provide for us. 15 hour days sometimes...and doesn't complain about it. He loves us that much. I will admit I haven't been very appreciative of him...and it's just not right. He deserves so much more appreciation than I have given him. No, he isn't the most romantic man on the planet and he sometimes has issues showing emotions...but he is mine. I don't ever want to imagine life without him...not even for a second. He is my one and only. I don't care if you put the most gorgeous man on the planet in front of me I would want Brandon. I always have and always will...I just lost sight of it. I focused more on friendships with people who weren't even my friends than I did my marriage...and thats just not right. But, I know now what needs to be done. We have rediscovered our love for each other lately...it feels like it did when we first started dating...3 years ago. I just can't stop staring at him...how I ever thought I could be without him is beyond me...he is so amazing. I am sure we will have our disagreements still because no marriage is perfect but I know I have a good man. He doesn't cheat on me and NEVER will. He works hard for me and my daughter. He is such an amazing father...I fall in love with him all over again when I see him with Kaci...And he loves me. No matter whether he shows it all the time...he is in love with me. And I needed to be reminded of that. I love him so much...



1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Sounds like you have a great man,hold on to him, good men are hard to find. It is always look greener on the other side, But perception is not always reality.