Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Letters to Kaci...

Dear my turtle,
Yes that is right. You have a new nickname. You acquired this new name because when you wake up lately I will come in the room and you have your head just kinda popped up and you look like a little turtle poking its head out of its shell. Its the sweetest thing in the world. I can't believe you are already 6 months old ! Where did time go my angel? It seems just yesterday I was in the hospital having you and then you were in Vanderbilt having your surgery and now here you are. A half a year old. Its definitely bittersweet to me. I love and hate watching you grow up. Today we were in the floor doing our daily rolling around on the carpet exercise and you got up on 4's and scooted from one end of the room to the other. You didnt crawl you scooted but its a work in progress. You are doing wonderful my baby. We have been doing baby food for a few weeks now. You love and hate some of it. So far sweet potatoes are number 1 and number 2 has been carrots. You officially hate peas and green beans and the Vegetable turkey dinner (which I don't blame you). You were on the fence about Macoroni and cheese but you dont really seem that into it so we have stopped that. Of course your still drinking your formula but you are just not going through one big can in 2 days now haha. Your now sitting up so good on your own. Your still wobbly sometimes and fall over occasionally but for the most part you sit up by yourself. You have developed what I believe to be baby acne or some sort of rash from drooling so much. You go to the doctor for you 6 month check-up this week so hopefully Dr. Little will be able to tell me if that is in fact what it is and what we can do about it because Auntie Jessica will be coming soon and wants to do your pictures and we can't very well have you covered in that stuff. I love you so much my angel. Mommy is very tired right now so I gotta go lay next to you.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

She is just too cute! I love reading your letters to her! It is going to be pricless to her in the future!

Laura McIntyre said...

She is adorable, Happy 6 months birthday to your little girl