Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Exhaustion...


Definitely feeling like a mommy lately. Since she has been home we have been having great days and not so great days. I have had some major back problems and I have no clue why...I went to the doctor they think maybe a pulled muscle. I dont know and unless its something serious I don't care lol all I care about anymore is this gorgeous little girl. We believe she had a touch of colic for a while...she would scream non stop for hours on end for about 3 days straight...we switched her formula to the similac sensitive instead of the advanced and started giving her gripe water and she is a whole new baby. She is knocked out asleep next to me as I am writing this and has been for 4 and a half hours and is showing no signs of waking up lol. She is a great baby.
I am really tired lately. I feel like I have no time for myself anymore. And no time with my husband. I miss the intimacy of it being just me and him. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything in the whole world. Its just we didnt really get much of the newlywed time together...a month after we got married we got pregnant and from there on out it was all about baby. Which was fine until I realized its not gonna be just me and him again till we are old and grey. I just miss him I guess and he is just in the next room. But, like I said we barely even have time for a simple little kiss anymore let alone ANYTHING else if ya know what I am saying.
My 6 week check up is thursday. 6 weeks already since I gave birth. It feels like just yesterday I was sitting in that hospital room anxiously awaiting for the pitocin to start. I was so excited to meet her and here she is now and she is just ten times more amazing than I ever imagined her to be.
I don't even remember what life was like without her though. It feels like she was always here and we were always a wonderful little family. Gosh I love her so much.
I never knew love like this before. She is my whole heart. God, her, and my husband are the greatest.
I also don't know what I would do without my mom lately. She is living with us so she helps me out so much. She takes her some nights so I can get some rest. I have the most amazing mother ever. And she is so in love with her new grandbaby. She is busy spoiling her and treating her like the little princess that she is.
She smiled at me today for the first time. I fell in love all over again.
I know this post is all over the place but I love kissing Kaci. I cannot get enough of her kisses. She kisses me back and it is the most amazing thing in the world. The other night I kissed her while she was yawning and she grabbed ahold of my bottom lip and started sucking on it. Gosh I am just so in love.
Okay I will shut up !!! I figured I would update you guys cause I havent in awhile.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh i am so so happy for you! Trust me it is hard right now and it seems like things will never be normal between your husband and you again but it will. The older she gets the more time you will all have together. The best thing i could ever tell you is make sure you get her on a schedule as soon as she starts sleeping through the night. Make sure bed time is at the same time every night. Make it a simple routine like bath, bottle, song, bed (that was ours). Then after she is fast asleep you will be able to have the evenings alone with hubby. it makes a world of difference just to be able to sit and watch a show together even if it is a show you don't like! I would also suggest when she gets old enough that you feel comfortable to leave her with someone you trust, plan a date night once a week or bi-weekly for you and hubby. Even if it is a cheep date like McDonald's and a rented movie. Those few hours together with no baby will make the world seem calm.

I wish you all the luck and love in the world! She is truly beautiful!

Laura McIntyre said...

It sounds like you are adjusting to motherhood very well, really do try and enjoy these days as they grow so quick . Even if you have another 20 children the time you have with your first will always be unique (and easy with no others running around lol).
I agree with Courtney that good routines can really help , from day one with all my 3 we done a bedtime routine and sure they did not get it straight away but within a few months they were going down for 7. Now my kids are all in bed between 6 and 6.30 at night and hubby and i have the whole evening to be us