Friday, June 19, 2009

This is really happening...


I am really a mom. I guess its slowly dawning on me with everyday that goes by. I know that sounds silly but I am 20 years old. There are girls I know that are my age that are nowhere near having children and being married. But, here I am and I am so freaking happy. I can't imagine any better way to spend my time on this earth than with the love of my life and the most amazing little miracle that God blessed me with.There are times when I look at all going on and think how did I get here? Wasn’t I just in high school…wasn’t I just walking down the aisle…and now I am a mom? What happened? Then there are other times where it is the most comfortable and natural thing- as if God has made every part of my life up until now only a step in leading me to this- and as if I have always not only been intended to be a mom but to be Kaci's mom. She is my world now. And I am so blessed to be able to say I hold a true miracle in my arms everyday. She is truly a representation of God's AMAZING work and what he can do.
I don't think I can say much more than that. I have the most wonderful job in the world now...I am a mommy. And its like that quote goes...I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me mommy. And that is the Gods honest truth.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

She is just so beautiful! I think she looks a lot like her beautiful Mommy! I am glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. Remember to take some time for you as well. A happy healthy Mommy makes a happy healthy Baby!