Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

Today is bittersweet. While I have an amazing husband to spend fathers day with my father is thousands of miles away in federal prison. Though, he will be out in just a few short days this is the 3rd fathers day I have spent without him. He is nowhere near perfect. Obviously, he has made ALOT of mistakes or he wouldn't be where he is today. But, I love him. I know that we have not always seen eye to eye on things and he hasn't always been there as much as he should but...I still miss him more and more with each day that goes by that he isn't here. I cannot wait for these few days to go by so that he can finally hug me. I miss his big bear hugs. And, what I really can't wait for is the look on his face when he meets his granddaughter for the first time. Though he wasn't here through my whole pregnancy he called and checked on me almost everyday. And when she was born... he was so happy and proud. When she had to have surgery and was in the hospital he would call everyday and when he found out she had to have surgery he just cried...and my father doesn't cry. It was beautiful to me that he already loved my child so much and he hasn't even laid eyes on her yet. I know he is going to make up for all the lost time and the times he wasn't there when I was a child. And he is going to be a wonderful grandpa.

Now, onto the man that I love with everything I have. He came into my life and from the moment I saw him I knew there was something special. I knew that I wanted him. The day I said "I do" with him...was the second best day of my life. The birth of our child being the first of course. Our wedding day was wonderful. He has been such an amazing husband. Throughout my whole pregnancy when I couldn't sleep he would go sleep on the couch so that I could get comfortable. I loved when he would place his hand on my belly just to feel his daughter kicking and moving around. And the day she was born he was so good to me. He would rub my back and my head and try to make me feel as good as I could at that point...and when he laid eyes on his daughter for the first time when she came out...he cried. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The nurse asked me if I wanted to be the first to hold her and I let him be the first and he was so freaking proud. He was just strutting up and down the hallways of that hospital holding her so happy. It was amazing. Now, he is a WONDERFUL father. He works 5 sometimes 6 days a week 12 hour days to provide for me and our daughter. He is just amazing and I swear I wouldn't want ANYONE else to be my husband and the father of my child. The way Kaci looks at him...takes my breath away. It's like I said in the last post about Kaci. Its like my whole life up until this point was leading me to being a wife. And not only a wife but Brandons wife.
I love him...its as simple as that.


Brittany<3

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I am so sorry about your dad and i hope that you can have a better relationship going forward! You are blessed with such a great hubby and i hope that all continues to go well!