Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sometimes...

You have those days where everything falls into place. Where everything goes right and you can just look back and say "this was a good day."

Unfortunately for me and my daughter...today was NOT one of those days.
My poor Kaci has been sick for the last 2 days. She had a slight fever yesterday but nothing bad and this morning she seemed fine. Not warm or nothing. Went to play with my friends little boy and was acting fine. Then it got to nap time. I got her home and I started feeling her head and she just didn't feel right to me. She felt awfully warm. So I took her temp and lo and behold her fever was 101.6. So I gave her tylenol. Well then I wait and make sure its going down and it got down to 100.4 so I thought we were safe to put her down for a nap. Since she was sick I let her lay in my bed with me and I took a nap with her since we both didn't sleep that well last night. Well about 45 minutes into the nap she sits up in the bed and SCREAMS at the top of her lungs and I automatically grab her and hold her and try to calm her down. All of the sudden she flattens out in my arms as stiff as a board and starts shaking uncontrollably and her eyes rolled back in her head and she just couldn't get a breath out. I started panicking. I get on the phone with the doctor and it was over within about 1 and a half or 2 minutes. Worst 2 minutes of my life. Seriously watching her look completely lifeless in my arms for even a split second was WAY to much for me to handle. You should never have to see that when you are a parent.
And for a baby to have been through everything she has been through in her short 18 months then to have one more thing to add to the list...its not fair. She doesn't deserve it. I just want her health to be perfect like she is. I love her so much I never want her to hurt like that EVER again. I wished the entire 2 minutes it was going on that it was just me. Please just let it be me. And through it all my child came out smiling and laughing and happy at the end of the day. You wouldn't even know she was sick or that she just had a seizure a few hours ago. It's amazing. God is amazing. SHE IS AMAZING ! I am praising God for blessing me with this miracle I get to call my daughter and for blessing us each and every day and helping bring us through the obstacles with her health. God is good.

Me

No comments: