Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Best Friend...


I have been laying here in bed for hours now thinking of you. While you sleep like an angel this is what mommy does. I lay here thinking of your face. Your absolutely perfect smile that could light up any room no matter how dark. You beautiful eyes that have stolen so many hearts already in your short lifetime. My darling you are so perfect. I often sit and wonder just how your daddy and I made something so amazingly perfect. Seriously Kaci...I spend every waking moment with you and still when you go to bed...its never enough I want to just keep you in my sight at all times because you are just so wonderful.
How did I live without you? Before you...I really don't want to call it living. I was simply existing until my entire reason for existence arrived. And boy did it arrive with a bang. A wopping 7 lb beautiful baby girl that from the very beginning had my heart.
How did I breath without you? I have no idea how my lungs filled with air each second of the day before you came along and filled every breath with shear perfection. Every inhale and exhale being so wonderful since you showed up.
How did my heart beat without you? Did it simply not know of how much love it was able to provide? I know my brain didn't know. When I met your daddy I thought that my heart would explode from all the love I felt for him in the exact moment I looked into his eyes. But just like him...the moment your eyes hit mine...It was bliss. From that moment on every beat of my heart is for you.
How did the world turn without you? I'll never know the answer to this. I vaguely remember my life without you. But I can tell you one thing...the earth did not turn quite as gracefully as it has since you stepped foot onto it. Every single step you take on it gives life more meaning.
You have totally and completely stolen my heart. Kaci Jade...17 months after I first laid eyes on you I can tell you that my heart holds more love for you with each passing second. And I don't know how that is possible because at the very moment I saw you I thought there was no way that I could love you more...but I was wrong so very very wrong. You are hands down 100% the most incredible gift from God I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. You are my miracle and my best friend.
-Mommy

No comments: