Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I have so much to say...

At the same time though I really feel like I have ONE thing to say. I am a good mother. I don't know where anyone got the impression that I am not but I assure you...you were misinformed. Finding out that some people assume that my mom takes care of my child for me was a real slap in the face especially when me,my mom,Brandon, and ANYONE else who has ever been around me knows the truth. Anytime you see me...you see Kaci. She is with me 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I wouldn't have it any other way. When Kaci was about 0-3 months old my mom helped me...SHE DID NOT DO IT FOR ME she HELPED me because I was a new mother and I was overwhelmed with my daughter having surgery and my husband being out of town...But like I said over and over again she HELPED me...there is a huge difference between doing it for me and helping me...and my mother will vouch for me on this...I take care of my daughter I have since the moment she was born and I will keep taking care of her until the day I die. I don't mean to be rude or sound like I am jumping anyone because I'm not...this post IS NOT directed towards just one person in particular I have had at least 2 people in the past few months accuse me of not being a mother. This is just a touchy subject to me. Because, well...I don't feel like I have ever really done ANYTHING right in my life...except Kaci. I feel like I pretty much failed in ever other aspect of my life except being a mother to her. It is the best thing to ever happen to me. She is my entire reason for existence. I get up with her throughout the night if she needs me. I get up in the morning with her and we eat breakfast together. We play after that. Then she takes a nap and I clean usually. When she gets up from her nap we play some more or go run errands. And then at night I feed her dinner give her a bath and put her to bed...before she turned 15 months old I rocked her to sleep EVERYNIGHT. I would do anything for that little girl...I would die for her in an instant...If all those things mean that I do not take care of my daughter then I think you have some learning to do. My mom does not help me anymore. My mom lives with me so that we can help each other out FINANCIALLY. She does not clean my house for me nor does she take care of my daughter. Yes, sometimes if I get done drinking out of a glass and i sit it on the table and I haven't taken it to the kitchen yet she will take it for me but not because she thinks I wont do it...because she has the motherly instinct...just like I do with my child. I am so over having to defend myself because people think its their place in life to tell me what I do and don't do with MY child. I am a fantastic mother. If I did everything else in my life wrong I know that Kaci is the one thing that I did right. I guess I just get bothered by people who know zero about my life but feel its their right to state their opinion. Especially when their opinion could not be more wrong. I love you Kaci Jade.

1 comment:

TanaLee Davis said...

I think you do a nice job of mothering kaci. Ever since you started following my blog I have followed yours and you seem to really care about her and want the world to know it. Keep up the great work.
~Felicia