Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lucky...

Here lately I look around me and gosh...I am so lucky. I don't mean to write this and rub it in anyones faces that is not my intention but I just have to write about life as of now and that is exactly how I feel.
I am a mother to an AMAZING 14 month old. Kaci is just wonderful. She grows everyday and learns new things constantly its hard for me to keep up. She recently learned "NO" and shakes her head no when I say it to her. How can I stay mad at what she was doing when she does that? She points ALOT now !! And talks up a storm. She is finally sleeping through the night again. I took out her tinkerbell light which was as bright as a lamp and put in a very dim night light and she has slept through the night since. She doesn't like to have much light at all when she is sleeping. I couldn't sleep with the tv on when she slept in my room even if it was all the way down she would wake up. But, if there is NO light she freaks out. So we had to find a happy medium and I believe we did. Lets keep our fingers crossed cause let me tell you I am enjoying 10 hours of sleep !! I love her to pieces she is the highlight of my day !!






My husband and I recently had it out. I feel like we hit a huge bump in our marriage but I honestly knew it was coming. We just were not intimate anymore...and by that I do not mean sex...I mean emotionally if that makes any sense.I felt completely alone even when he was in the room with me I was lonely. I felt like he was in another world always and never cared about me and how I felt. All the romance had ran right out the window. I know after you get married things fizzle out I am very aware but gosh we gotta keep something alive or what is the point? We have to rekindle some kind of spark that we used to have or we will forget why we fell in love in the first place. I know before a few days ago I was never reminded of the reasons I fell in love with him. So, we had it out. We fought. I was ready to leave then I had my best friend come over and calm me down and she got me calm enough for me to start thinking. I thought about the first moment I saw him. That smile. I remember running to my mom to tell her how gorgeous my new manager was !! I remember the day I stole his number off a work order and started texting him. I remember our very first date...Scarface and zaxbys...and the best end to the night...he was a perfect gentleman and kissed me. And let me tell you when I remember that kiss I remember what I felt at that moment. Although I was sitting down my knees went weak. My heart was pounding out of my chest. I never wanted it to end. And I was in love. That very night I knew that he was the one. the one God put on this earth to be mine forever. I know it sounds crazy but that is the honest truth...I was his that night forever and he knew it too. We fell fast and hard and it was the best feeling in the world. I wouldn't change it at all. Then I remembered our wedding day. I was so nervous. But it was amazing. To walk down that aisle and know I was making the right decision...knowing wholeheartedly that i wanted him forever. And that smile on his face when he saw me was wonderful. Then I remember the best day of our lives. The day we welcomed our daughter into this world. He sat by my side for 23 hours. When I wanted to give up he whispered in my ear that I could do this. And when she came out and they placed her on my chest and he took one look at her and started crying and he leaned down and whispered in my ear that she was perfect and that I did the most amazing job ever and that he loved me so much...and then he thanked me. At the time I didnt even realize it but he thanked me for birthing his child lol. It was my honor to have our child. And what a child. He recently told me why he thanked me though. He said he watched me for through pure hell for 9 months straight to bring that baby into this world. He said he never knew anyone so strong. And that made me melt. I remember all these things and I know why I am in love with him...I think its good to remind our selves because you do get caught up in this crazy life we live that we don't take enough time for each other. I don't know how many fights we will have in the future... but I do know this...No matter how many fights we have I am here forever. We may feel so much rage at times for each other but he will always be my forever love. We will always be together. I will always love him so very much. He will always be my hubby bunny...but most of all he will ALWAYS be my BEST FRIEND!


Yes...I am so lucky...

Brittany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hell yea!

sometimes we get so wrapped up in thinking that the grass is greener on the other side, when in reality WE are already in the greenest grass!

Marriage doesn't come easy. It takes hard work every single day. You guys are doing awesome and learning about each other and all. Stay Strong!

Soo when are yall having another baby?