Thursday, June 24, 2010

Prayers are needed...

Not for me but for This family. 7 year old Conner has Cystic Fibrosis. If you click on the link you will see that he has taken a turn for the worse and they fear this will be his last day on earth and if its not they know the end will be soon.

I cannot even begin to comprehend the pain his parents are feeling right now. To have to sit back and watch your child fight for his life and know that there is nothing you can do to help and ultimately he is fighting a losing battle.

Coming from me...I have watched my child go through something noone ever should BUT my child came through it. She is happy and healthy and I am so thankful to God for that. But, if she hadn't...I sat down last night and I thought to myself very deeply....I want to believe I would be the mother with unwaivering faith in God and I want to say that I would be able to put all my trust in the Lord and know that he will take care of her...but last night I didn't know if I could. I think I could but like I said I have never been in this kind of situation and I can only hope I never have to be. But, as I was thinking...I feel like God spoke to me. I was reading my book He Will Carry Me by Angie Smith. She lost her daughter Audrey 2 hours after giving birth to her...they found out at her 20 week ultrasound that she had many complications that made her "incompatible with life" so she wrote this book about her journey and I was just uplifted by this womans faith. It is so amazing to me that in light of everything she was not mad at God because she was going to lose her child. She still put everything in God's hands and knew that everything would be okay...and she had such a peace.

I can only hope that Conners mom and dad find this kind of peace. I can't even fathom how they must feel but I pray they can find it in them to keep their faith in God and know that one way or another their son will be healed soon.

Please pray for this family.
Me

No comments: